Starting over was harder then I ever could have imagined. How do you face the world while you're in unbearable pain? I had been a stay at home mom and out of the work force for 8 years. I suddenly found myself with no income, no car, and no place to call home. I was terrified. A month after my seperation, I got the job. Its been a rough adjustment, but it feels great to earn my own paycheck and not have anyone tell me I'm "spending their money". Everything I have now, I have earned myself. The car came shortly after the job with the help of my family. In November I moved into my own apartment on my own. Its been a tough row to hoe, but vastly rewarding. I'm proud of how far I've come. Sure, finances are horribly tight... but I am independent for the first time in my life. That feeling is priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment