Friday, March 16, 2012

These are the moments...

These are the moments I live for.

My kids are what keep me moving forward. They are my strength. They give me courage. They don't know this, to them I am just Mom. The woman that loves them more than life itself. That's the greatest thing I could ever be.

Today was a rough day. My emotions were a struggle. I was feeling weak and vulnerable.  Sawyer, my sweet little cuddler wanted to make me feel better so he crawled up on the couch with me and we proceeded to take silly pictures, one of our favorite things to do. Who can look at silly pictures, afterall... and not giggle!? Certainly not me or Sawyer.

I hope one day that I am able to show them all these gifts they give to me on a daily basis -gifts that are intangible yet priceless. How will I ever repay them?

By continuing to put one foot in front of the other even on days that seem hopeless and dreary. I do it for them. I do it because a mothers love is powerful enough to move mountains. 






3 comments:

  1. Children are a blessing and your children are blessed to have you Teah. Sorry you had a hard day. Praying tomorrow is a good one. Oh and Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawyer sure does look as he was enjoying the picture session. You are good at balancing a camera and a child. I still do terrible self portraits. Still praying for you guys. Sorry that you had a tough day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I took these on my phone :) self portraits are hard, partially because we tend be our own toughest critics. The weekend got better. I have many hard days ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete