Thursday, June 13, 2013

Storm Clouds

Do you hear what I hear?
A bird chirps loud but sweetly.
The wind is blowing calm and brisk,
And the leaves are swaying neatly.

The clouds roll in, the sky gets dark.
I hurry up my pace.
A single raindrop trickles down,
And splashes on my face.

One by one, they gently fall
From the storm clouds over head.
I feel the urge to cover up,
For storms we're taught to dread.

One moment the sun is shining,
And the day could not be better.
How quickly that all changes,
And a storm we have to weather.

Our instict says that storms are bad,
And will hurt us if we stay,
But storms are needed to survive.
They don't happen every day.

With every storm we make it through,
We learn a precious thing.
About our strength and inner truth,
Oh the lessons it will bring!

I close my eyes and feel the rain,
I raise my arms up high.
The water drips all over me,
As it pours down from the sky.

I refuse to let it get me down,
This storm I will get through.
The clouds will go, the rain will stop,
And I will be renewed.

There are storms in life we can't avoid,
And some will bring us pain,
So find your strength and open up.
Start dancing in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment