Thursday, December 19, 2013

Marry Me


"Will you marry me?" Says she.
"No I won't do that!" Says he.

When your life hits stale mate,
And you're stuck within a rut
Do you follow what your brain says?
Or the feeling in your gut?

When you love him so intensely,
And its marriage you that crave,
He won't budge a single inch,
Is it worth trying hard to save?

He says a ring will be just swell,
And he will gladly say "you're mine",
but marriage just is not for him,
He'll never sign that line.

His words are like a sucker punch.
Where do we go from here?
It makes me doubt he plans to stay,
And losing him I fear.

I want a husband, not a "friend".
I need commitment in my life.
My stomach is all up in knots.
I will never be his wife.

Tiny tears stream down my face,
My heart and mind at war.
Will this always be a thorn,
Or will it be just like before?

I don't know much but this I do,
A marriage I desire.
I could say that I would go without,
But then I'd be a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment