Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Reckless

Her words come fast and reckless,
Like a baseball through my window,
Rattling off the vicious truth,
It hurts like hell to know.

My instinct told me things were off,
Too much you hid from me.
My heart was so in love with you,
My mind refused to see.

Today Im blasted with the truth,
How should I feel right now?
What should I do to get through this?
Please, God. Show me how.

My heart is in my stomach,
And my face is drenched with tears.
Im left to ponder how and why,
And face my biggest fear.

You say you weren't unfaithful,
but you know, my dear, you were.
When you needed someones love, 
You skipped over me for her.

I see the pain these secrets cause,
But nothing will compare,
To the broken pieces of my heart,
The ones that you put there.

I will do my best to pick them up,
And keep on loving you.
But doubt will always linger,
Are the words you say now true?

If things get rough from here on out,
Will you turn to her again?
I will always have to wonder,
If she's more than just your friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment