Monday, December 17, 2012

Keeping you safe.

A poem I wrote in light of the Sandy Hook Elementary Shool Massacre on December 14th, 2012. 20 little angels gained their wings along with 6 adults who died protecting them.

Keeping you safe...

"I want to get to Heaven
Before Mommy does
So i can be there waiting
With snuggles and big hugs."

"Mommy says thats not the way
A childs here on earth to stay
She never wants to feel the hole
Of watching her child become a soul"

To the loves of my life,

I love you more today than ever before,
Im thankful that soon you will come through the door.
You will hang up your backpack and kick off your shoes.
We will hug, and i loves, and i really missed you's.

My heart dearly aches for the ones who were shot,
We must show their loved ones they wont be forgot.
I cant even imagine their pain and their sorrow,
Of never getting another tomorrow.

My boys, how i love you, And if only you knew
There is absolutely nothing that i wouldnt do
To make sure you are safe and out of harms way
That is my purpose, day after day.

Sometimes late at night, i watch as you sleep
I feel so complete and my pride runs so deep.
My children are safe and their dreams will be sweet
And when morning comes, they'll be up on their feet.

A new day arises and hope runs abound
Mommy! I love you! My favorite sound.
Get ready for school, you'll be safe there today.
Your teachers will keep you out of harms way.

Your job is to learn, to grow and be free.
Not doubt the world, or its evil entities..
Stand tall and stay strong, its a dark scary place.
My love lights your way, my child. Have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment