Monday, January 21, 2013

Some Days...

Some days are just too much.
My anger consumes me whole.
I'm left alone to ponder
The hatred in my soul.

Divorce has been my poison,
For almost 2 whole years.
It eats away my kindness.
It fills my heart with fears.

I hate the feeling of bitterness,
That overshadows all my joy.
I feel like such a loser,
Like an old, discarded toy.

I want to find someone,
Who will help me to unpack,
All the cooped up baggage,
And build the hope I lack.

Some days are just too much to bear,
And I take it out on him.
He deserves much better then I give,
But he still goes on a limb.

I wonder what he sees in me.
What could possibly attract,
Such a gorgeous, soulful man
To a girl who's just a wreck?

Maybe I will never know,
But I'm thankful that he's here.
My life is just so painful,
Until he wipes my tears.

~TRH

No comments:

Post a Comment