There are little broken pieces of my heart scattered around. I keep finding them. I try to put them back together. Will it ever be whole again? Will it function properly?
Some days the pain is so raw. I have high hopes that we will remain friends for our kids sake but being friends is so hard. Anger is so much easier to feel than pain. I hate the pain. It's like a small thorn in my heel. If I limp along and keep the pressure off my wound, I can manage... but the minute I start to get my feet on the ground it's there. A sharp, piercing pain. Intolerable. It stays there until I lift my heel and begin limping along again. I need to pull the thorn from my foot but I can't. It's too deep. Maybe it isn't a thorn at all...
Maybe, just maybe it's one of the broken pieces of my heart. A splinter of broken glass that fell from my shattered existance. Can my heart be whole without it? Will my body heal around it and eventually build callouses so I no longer feel the pain?
Only time will tell... until then, I continue to limp along, protecting myself from the sharp pain of the splinters of my heart.
They say time heals all wounds. I pray for you that time comes very soon Teah.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenn... rough day today.
ReplyDelete