My marriage both began and ended with a broken window. When I reflect on my life, symbolism is abundant. People say that we have little control over where destiny will take us and that life just happens the way it was meant to happen. I don't know how much I believe that... but sometimes it seems to me that my life could be straight out of a well written novel.
On February 2nd, 2002 I married the man I thought would be my partner, my best friend, my soulmate for the rest of my life. I envisioned growing old with him and rocking away on our farm while sun shined on our grey hair. We had been a couple for 5 years and at 20 years old, I couldn't view my life any other way. Our wedding day was perfectly imperfect. Our flowers arrived late, the church had lost power the night before in an insane ice storm so it was cold and the organ was frozen. No music, running off schedule, and the night before, a huge chunk of ice had blew off our home and smashed the windshield of my fiance's truck. Our crazy hectic life started with this shattered glass.
Fast forward almost 10 years later. Life got the best of us. After 2 kids, a failed Dairy farm and insane amount of debt later, our marriage was crumbling. In a brief altercation between us on July 4th 2011, out of anger and genuine panic at the loss I was surely facing, I broke his truck windshield. This is an action I am not proud of, but take full responsiblity for... thus ending our marriage with this shattered glass.
I filed for Divorce on July 7th, 2011.
This blog is my journey. How broken windows have opened doors. I am a 30 year old woman, learning how to function on my own, as both a mother to my children, a single girl trying to learn the ropes, and living (and learning to love) a life I never imagined.
Buckle up and enjoy the ride...
No comments:
Post a Comment