Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Ship

This is a poem I wrote for Philip, dealing with my emotions of being seperated. It's how I envision many people dealing with seperation and divorce must feel. I wrote this a couple months before filing for divorce while we were seperated but co-habitating...

The Ship
By Teah Ranney

I feel so lost and all alone, the feelings are cold, I'm chilled to the bone.

Not really sure where life goes from here, I want happiness but it doesn't seem near.

My heart has been shattered, the pieces are glued. I wish I could find that my comfort renewed...

Instead the glue has gone by and just doesn't hold, the pieces still fall as I keep growing old.

Half of my life, we have spent it together, I thought we were tough, and the storms we could weather.

Now I see that our ship has been hit and is sinking, we can never agree on what we are thinking.

Do we love each other for real any longer? Can we repair the ship and make it be stronger?

Will we drown with our ship in the ocean of sorrow? Today is the present, will we be here tomorrow?

My mind often wanders to a happier place. Thoughts of our past bring a smile to my face.

We once had a good life I wouldn't have traded. I know that's gone now and I feel like we're jaded.

My soul mate, my lover, best friend all those years. We once cried together, now we're split by our tears.

We have been through so much that no one could see. I held you through sadness and you held onto me.

The world was against us but we kept trudging through. The world is my enemy 'cause I'm lost without you.

I'm not really sure what to do with my pain, it gets harder. The bitterness and anger make me tread in cold water.

I want to let go of my sadness and give up the fight. My heart be not heavy, but cheerful and light.

Can we do this together? I really don't know. I haven't lost hope that we can learn how to grow.

To be the best parents, we know what to do, and to be better spouses, that's a goal that is new.

I love you today and I will tomorrow as well, I'm trying to show you but we're walking thru hell.

Our love for each other must lead this trip, and our memories, the map to a newly built ship

No comments:

Post a Comment