Life After You... my first post-divorce poem, dedicated to Philip.
Life after you
Is there life after you?
Will I ever love so true?
When the right man comes to me,
How much damage will he see?
The question lingers, I need to ask.
Moving on is one hard task.
We held on tight for 15 years,
The last few years were filled with tears.
Time took you from me like a thief.
It shattered me with no relief.
Its 4am, I lie awake
With all this pain I just cant shake.
Will there be a life for me?
Will my heart ever be free?
Is there life after you?
Will my heart know what to do?
I struggle each and everyday.
I trudge through, I find my way.
My smile is on hiatus though
My heart and mind, they want to know,
Is there life after you?
Will someone ever love me too?
There's so much left for me to give,
But I must first relearn to live.
There surely is life after you.
A life that's mine, a life that's new.
I tell myself I'll be ok.
My smile will come back someday.
I will find happiness again.
you will be but a memory then.
One in my heart, forever more,
Of love I lost, life closed that door.
There will be life after you.
My heart will find it pure and true.
And when I finally find a way,
It will be my best and brightest day.
Teah Ranney
December 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment